15./16. Dezember 2021: SCIA Engineer Fundamentals (Online) – 2 Days (English)
Learn to model and analyse any structural engineering problem with SCIA Engineer. This online training course will introduce new users to SCIA Engineer. You will learn how to effectively analyse typical building structures and review the finite element analysis results.
After a general introduction to the new user interface, the training will be based on practical examples of steel and concrete buildings. The training will cover modelling, loading, and reviewing analysis results. Whilst briefly covering basic member design and reporting tools.
Efficient and autonomous use of SCIA Engineer in everyday structural analysis. Correctly set up projects, effectively model, confidently review the analysis results, and create basic reports. Completion will give attendees an excellent foundation to progress onto more advanced topics.
Who should attend?
Engineers with little to no prior knowledge of SCIA Engineer or those who want to refresh their basic knowledge.
- Understanding of basic structural engineering principles
- Install the latest release of SCIA Engineer (click here to download the latest SCIA Engineer 21)
- Licence for SCIA Engineer Fundamentals Edition (Concept Edition or higher recommended)
- Training licences can be provided with prior arrangement (1 day notice required)
- A stable internet connection
What knowledge will you gain?
Our trainer will guide you through the fundamentals of using SCIA Engineer. The points discussed during this training are:
- An introduction to the software and its new user interface
- Creating a 3D model from scratch
- Manipulating member behaviour (beams non-linearity, releases, etc.)
- Creating loads, load cases, and load combinations
- Running linear and non-linear analysis
- Reviewing the finite element analysis (FEA) results
- Checking results are feasible and realistic
- A basic introduction to steel and concrete member design tools
- Using adaptive reporting tools
- Expert tips for quick and effective modelling
All below times are stated in Central European Time (CET). Remember to adjust for your local time zone.
Day 1 (10:00 to 18:00 CET)
- Understanding the user interface
- Creating and analysing a 3D steel model
- A quick introduction to the steel member checks
Day 2 (10:00 to 18:00 CET)
- Creating and analysing a 3D concrete model
- A brief introduction to the concrete design and checks
- Producing clear engineering reports
Training Course Details
- The training course is presented live by an experienced engineer from SCIA’s Customer Connection Team.
- Training is interactive; each participant will use the software. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to attempt exercises to consolidate your learning, allowing time to ask questions.
- This course will be restricted to small groups of 8 people to maintain the best quality and allow interaction between the trainer and participants.
- Your place is not confirmed until a contract is signed or payment received
- Certificates provided after attending the entire training course.