01. / 02. Dezember 2021: Steel Building Design in SCIA Engineer (Online) – 1 Day (English)
Develop your knowledge of steel design in SCIA Engineer and increase your design productivity. This online training course will give existing users the confidence to perform steel design in SCIA Engineer. You will learn how to analyse and design typical hot-rolled steel structures using the software.
After a general introduction to the steel service, the training course will be based on a simple braced steel frame. Training will cover setting up the model for steel design, running steel checks, and optimising members. Setting up and understanding nonlinear, stability and 2nd order analysis (with imperfections) also forms a large portion of this training course.
Efficient and autonomous use of SCIA Engineer in typical structural steel design. Correctly model steel members, understand the various analysis options, and confidently utilise the steel design tools. Completion will give attendees an excellent understanding of how to deal with crucial steel design tasks according to Eurocode 3 (EN 1993-1-1).
Who should attend?
Existing users of the software or past participants of our SCIA Engineer Fundamentals training course. It is an excellent course for existing users that want to use SCIA Engineer for steel building design.
- Familiar with steel structure design principles
- Confidently able to create basic 3D steel models and review results using SCIA Engineer
- Install the latest release of SCIA Engineer (click here to download the latest SCIA Engineer 21)
- Licence for SCIA Engineer Steel Fundamentals Edition or higher
- A training licence can be provided with prior arrangement (min 1 working day notice required)
- A stable internet connection
What knowledge will you gain?
Our trainer will teach you how to use SCIA Engineer to deal with typical steel building structures. The points discussed during this training are:
- Explanation of the core steel design functions in SCIA Engineer
- Correctly setting up steel models
- Cross-sections and classification
- How buckling lengths are calculated and how to modify them
- Performing ULS and SLS steel code checks according to Eurocode 3 (EN 1993-1-1)
- Optimisation tools
- Performing and reviewing stability (i.e. buckling) analysis
- How and when to perform 2nd order analysis
All below times are stated in Central European Time (CET). Remember to adjust for your local time zone.
Day 1 (14:00 to 17:30 CET)
- Steel model configuration and settings (including buckling lengths)
- ULS and SLS design and checks
- Steel member optimisation tools
Day 2 (14:00 to 17:30 CET)
- Understanding stability analysis
- Setting up global and local imperfections
- Running 2nd Order analysis
- The training course is presented live by an experienced engineer from SCIA’s Customer Connection Team.
- Training is interactive; each participant will use the software. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to attempt exercises to consolidate your learning, allowing time to ask questions.
- This course will be restricted to small groups of 10 people to maintain the best quality and allow interaction between the trainer and participants.
- Your place is not confirmed until a contract is signed or payment received
- Certificates provided after attending the entire training course.